Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hutchison: Perry didn't fight fair in 2010 governor's race

BREAKUP.jpg
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison - labeled by Gov. Rick Perry as "Kay Bailout" in last year's gubernatorial primary - says today he criticized her unfairly. But she would support him for president - if he gets the nomination. The prospect of an endorsement before that remains remote.

Her comments come from an interview with Fox Business that airs tonight at 8 pm in Dallas.

"It was a very tough race. He had told our supporters he wouldn't run and changed his mind. I was running for an open seat for governor I thought, but he pivoted and decided to run again," Hutchison says told Fox Business. "I thought I was unfairly criticized but of course I would think so. I'm concentrating on finishing my last year and a half and trying to help get our ship of state on the right course."

It was only a month ago that Hutchison, on MSNBC, threw cold water on any hope Perry might have of winning her support in the primary. "I'm looking for the candidate who has real business experience. I'm looking for Gov. Perry's views on federal issues. I don't know what they are," she said, adding - somewhat grudgingly - that she would support him if he wins the nomination.

She reiterated that pledge today.

"Of course I will be for the Republican nominee for President... whoever it is, because I know we can do better for our economy."

Source: http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/08/a-thaw-in-hutchison-perry-riva.html

Election day Republican Democrat Governor politics

No comments:

Post a Comment